Sunday, May 22, 2016

Oh Scrap! : Leftovers First

Most of the time when I am sewing, I work on a number of projects at once.  As I was sewing last night, I realized I really am a scrappy quilter at heart.  I am currently working on testing a future pattern.  I pulled all of the fabrics from my Kaffe Fassett stash and cut up all of the pieces.



Well, rather than focus on sewing the pattern quilt, I started playing with the leftover fabrics!
It is just simple patchwork with some 9 patch blocks...but it is already almost a quilt top. 
You can probably guess that very little progress was made on the other quilt.

The scraps are certainly my favorite!


************************************


Now it is time to share your scrap projects, here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)
Freemotion by the River (Linky Tuesday)



14 comments:

Chantal said...

Just like a child who prefers to play with the box than the gift that came in that box; the box lets the child use its imagination. No lead to follow, no set mind frame, just pure fun. Your quilt conveys that very well: just pure fun. Love it! ;^)

Jayne said...

The freedom of play! You never know what you will come up with, but once an idea hits...theres no turning back! I find using scraps satisfying. But I don't think I could work on so many different projects at once!! I don't know how you do that!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have some little squares cut out ready to baste to hexie papers for my EPP quilt I will do that in between outside work today.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I love the 9 patches mixed with solids...this is definitely your style!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Kaffe quilt looks like a PERFECT distraction. Run with it!!

Cathy said...

Oh, yummy color scheme! One project at a time???? Not me!

Ivani said...

What fun!!! Your blocks will make a psychedelic quilt. Love all those fabrics together.

Andree G. Faubert said...

What a great story! Of course scraps are fun cause the sewing of them is less serious and more like play. A friend gave me a huge bag of scraps and I've had more fun playing and organising them than making " real" quilts. I hope that you will continue to have fun!

Lara B. said...

Kaffe fabrics mixed with solids make a fun nine patch quilt! I can see why you were lured away Cyndy!

em's scrapbag said...

Funny! I would do the same thing.

Kate said...

You certainly made good use of the scraps!

Unknown said...

I loved seeing your Kaffe Fasset fabrics on the wall. I am getting ready to make a king size quilt in blues, greens, purples etc. for our bed. (hubby says no orange or red). I guess I will just take all my reds and oranges and make a different quilt. nine patches always work. Love your blog and have followed for years.

Bonnie said...

Nothing like being distracted from the main plan! Hubby calls me Dori for a good reason. Your leftovers look good. I see a finish in your future!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Sometimes, leftovers are better than the original! :) This looks like it will be a fast finish and those are the best!

01 09 10